Monday, May 11, 2009

Rainy Day's and Monday....

Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.

Psalm 103:2-3



Why do Monday's always seem to be to trying? I certainly do not have the answer to that question, I just wondered if any of you do. Let me see... the day started off really nice, but the news through the day just went downhill. Jordan flew in this morning to come back for his post surgery follow up visit with the Neurosurgeon that removed the port from his head two weeks ago. I met up with Jordan and Patricia at St Jude, then took them out to Dr. Boop's office out in East Memphis. From there we had a wonderful lunch at Macaroni Grill ( I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO ANYONE WHO HAS ONE IN YOUR AREA) Macaroni Grill here in Memphis is VERY St Jude friendly. Enough said!!! You get the point, and those of you who were here for our marathon team dinner last year, you know what I am talking about. :) After lunch, and a quick trip to a bike shop, we went back to St Jude for them to catch their shuttle back to the airport to return back home to Louisiana. His next visit to St Jude will be sometime in July.

While at St Jude, I visited with Mallerie. Not such a good day for her. I think Tina has posted an update, when I left they were waiting for the doctor to come by to talk with them. She had been down and they had drawn 1 liter of fluid off of her lungs. She was in pain from that procedure and not feeling well at all. I did get a smile out of her when I ask her if I brought her a prince on a white horse to take her away from all of this, if that would make her feel better and make her boo boo's go away. She seemed to think it would, so I guess I'll be showing up at the hospital with a prince and a white horse!!! I'll post pictures!
She at least had a smile on her face when I left her.

I also able to visit with Pam (Trevor's mom) and Jennifer (Alex's mom) down in the cafeteria having dinner. Trevor , bless his heart, is back inpatient. Alex is day +5 and had a good day today. I was excited to officially meet Alex's mom today. Very sweet lady and truly appreciates all of the prayers from you guys. Trevor is just basically not feeling well at all and they are just waiting for the doc's to get to the bottom of this to see what is going on. Keep the prayers going up for him and for all of our St Jude Buddies.

I spoke with LaDonna today. Salena's test came back today and shows that she is 97% donor cells. That is very good, for this early in the transplant process. This process has been very stressful for them. Being away, at a new and different hospital is also a stress factor for them as well. LaDonna does not have her support system in Chicago like she did here at St Jude. Please keep both she and Salena in your prayers, this is a very difficult time for both of them right now. Please pray.

I think that is it for today. Please keep all of these kiddo's and all of the others that I have not had a chance to check on in your prayers. I don't know about you, but I think it is way past time to make Childhood Cancer Awareness a priority in our politicians lives. Write your Congressmen and Senator's and voice your concern with the limited funding for research for Childhood Cancer. What is more important, research for childhood cancer or the study of fruit flies on Olive trees???? I'll let you answer that one! Make this letter writing campaign a priority on your list.

Registration is now open for the St Jude Marathon. Marathon date is December 5, 2009. stjudemarathon.org is the site to register, check YES when ask if you want to be a HERO and then enter Team Believe when it ask what team you want to be on. Be a part of this awesome group!!!

Have a great evening -

Believe - Prayer Works!

GO TEAM BELIEVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment