Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bunny's On His Way...







"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11


IT APPEARS THAT THE ENTIRE PARACHAT SYSTEM IS DOWN AT THIS TIME. OFFICE OPENS AT 8:00AM, I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED.

UPDATE AT 9:01 - I JUST SPOKE WITH THE PARACHAT PEOPLE AND THEY ARE WORKING ON THE PROBLEM AND SAY IT SHOULD BE BACK UP SOMETIME TODAY..DON'T ASK ME TO EXPLAIN ALL OF THE TECH STUFF THAT HE WAS TELLING ME, THAT WENT RIGHT OVER MY HEAD... Those of you that know me, know I am dumb as dirt when it comes to computers and everything that goes with them.


Good morning and I think indeed it is a very good morning. In Memphis, TN it is sunny, a cool brisk morning that is supposed to be warming up into a beautiful day. This just makes you feel so good and have so much hope and faith that everything for everyone is going to be alright. God is showing us His love. Now, having said that, looks like He is going to bless us with rain tonight. As they say, "April showers bring May flowers", so I guess we should be thankful for the rain. We certainly do enjoy the flowers!

The top photo is a sign out front of a church in Greenville, MS. As I was driving into Greenville, MS last week I looked up and saw this sign out in front of a church building. I could not help but feel that someone had put that sign up just for ME! On the way out of town I just had to pull over and take a pic so I could share it with you. Believe Prayer Works!!

If you want to see some proof that prayer works... let me share a few "chill bump" things with you. Those of you who were able to join us this past Tuesday night for prayer night for Mallerie were so blessed with a very uplifting evening. One of the things that we prayed for specifically was for Mallerie and Tina to have a peaceful and restful night's sleep that night. Her transplant was to take place the next day and they have not rested well at all for several nights as Mal has not been feeling well. Yesterday as I was coming down the hall on my way to Mal's room, I ran into her mom, Tina. I ask her how things were and the first thing she said to me was that they had a wonderful night's sleep, the first in many many nights! I just stood there... she had no idea that we had prayed specifically for that night of rest!!
See, PRAYER WORKS!

Another sign, just look at the pictures of Clay :) These were made yesterday, one day (day +1) post transplant. This precious little guy is doing so good. He is showing off his bag of Easter M&M's. We all know that M&M's takes care of whatever is giving you trouble! He was up and talking away and looked so good. Hopefully those M&M"s along with the Easter basket full of calories that he will get today, will help put some fat back on his bones. Check out his link, you can just hear the joy in mom's post. Again, our night of prayer for Clay asking for his transplant to go well, smooth with no complications seems to have been heard and answered!! See, PRAYER WORKS!

I got to pop in real quick and visit with Elizabeth for just a few minutes, I let my time get away from me and didn't have time to talk to them very much but Michelle is asking for our prayers. She is going to get me a list of specific prayers that we need to be praying for for Elizabeth. For now, let's just pray for her to be healed.
She is as cute as can be, such a precious little girl.

I spoke to Alex V's mom yesterday. They finished up with their appointments early and were released to go on their merry way, so they took advantage of being on Spring Break and went on to Hot Springs, AR yesterday. They will stay there until Friday for a nice and relaxing visit. They did get very good news from the test that was done on Monday, but I'll let her make her post and share that with you. She will probably post when they return home. Keep watching...

I ran into Pam, Trevor's mom, in the hall on the transplant floor, she said Trev was feeling "pretty" good but he is really having a difficult time emotionally with the loss of Mary Kate. This has been very difficult for many of the St Jude family and it's not getting any easier. Please keep everyone in your prayers, to find a place of peace and comfort. Pam did find out yesterday for sure that they were getting to go home for Easter! This is very exciting for them. I just hope they don't go AWOL after this visit! Just kidding, I know she would not do that. We pray for their safe trip home.

Check everyone's updates. Jonathan has a new update, he is back inpatient. Hopefully he will be able to get home again soon.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Easter holiday weekend. Please keep those who will face their fist holiday or another holiday without their loved one in your prayers. This is one of the most difficult times they will ever face. There is a book titled THE EMPTY CHAIR Handling Grief on Holidays and Special Occasions. It is written by Susan J. Zonnebelt-Smeenge, R.N., ED.D and Robert C. DeVries, D, Min., PH.D. Someone gave this book to me when I lost my Dad, I really love this book and try to share it with others when they find themselves in need of it. It's a small paperback, around $10.00.

Here is an "idea" for the day... go buy some eggs and color them! No matter what age you or your children are, it's EASTER EGG TIME and it can make you feel young!

Enjoy your day, I'll be traveling this evening to go to Oklahoma to visit our oldest college son and watch him play baseball. I'll try to keep up and make some post, but if you don't hear from me for a few days, just please check the links and let the parents keep you updated. Let's leave everyone a msg on their comment sections and let them know you are thinking about them and give any encouragement you can. It is not fair that these precious little ones have to find a way to get the Easter Bunny into the hospital!!


Believe-Prayer Works

Team Believe

No comments:

Post a Comment