Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good Things Come to Those That Love The Lord

Hello from the deep freeze in Memphis, Tennessee! It is not supposed to be this cold in the south!! I do not mind the cold, but if we are gonna be this cold, then bring on the snow. It either snows but is to warm to stick or it's cold and there is no precipitation to go with it. This was kinda like a Christmas morning... when Santa does really come, but he just does not leave much of anything. The predicted arctic blast came, the predicted snow came.... just not enough to even cover the ground good :( So disappointing for us southerners.

I have not posted very much the last week or so. I was out of town for Dax's service last weekend, and then came home to a "sick" computer. After several trips to the Apple Store, I seem to be back up and running better than ever. I did not realize how slow my computer had gotten until I just got it back and it's on top of it's game again. I would like to say that I will do better now about regular post, however I am leaving on Tuesday to go to New York City with Natalie (one of our St Jude gals) and her twin and mom. I am looking so forward to this trip with them. At this time, I do not plan to take my computer with me. However, if I know of anything that I feel needs to be passed on quickly, I will find a way to get it to you. Just check each caringbridge site and you will know what is going on.

Praise and glory to God for the work He is doing in little Jack!! From his test and scans, there is no evidence of his cancer!!! THANK YOU LORD!!! He will be continuing with his treatment, we continue to pray for a CANCER FREE JACK FOREVER!!!

Mikey got a good report to. His tumors are responding to the treatment, he will be able to continue his treatment and our prayers are that he too will be CANCER FREE again really soon.

James continues to do okay, but is getting weaker. Please keep him and his parents in your prayers. This is such a difficult time. I honestly do not know how a parent copes with this other than with God's hands holding them up. Pray for God's arms to be around each of them.

I have a prayer request to share with you. Andi Webb is a 19 year old college girl from Mississippi who was in a car accident about 2 weeks ago. She is the niece of a friend of mine from my hometown in Tupelo. Andi's prognosis is not very good, but there are signs that God is working on Andi. Our prayer is that God will heal her brain injuries. Her mom is a very strong person in faith and has some most inspiring posts. I would like to ask for your prayers for Andi and her family. I think you will be blessed by following her mom's post too. caringbridge.org/visit/andiwebb

God has been so good to each of us. He blesses us over and over again. Just take a few minutes to look around you and your world and see where there is a place that you can make a difference in someone else's life. Some of the most simple, silent, unknown to others, acts of kindness can make such a huge difference in the lives of those around us. It's actually fun to be sneaky!!! If you are living in an area effected by this frigid cold weather, look around and see if there is something you can do to help out. I saw on the news yesterday that a lady in the Memphis area took it upon herself to try to get some people to help collect sleeping bags for those with little or no heat.... she got the word out to a few of her family and friends and collected hundreds of brand new sleeping bags from several different states in a matter of 2 or 3 days. They were all delivered to one of the temporary homeless shelters and some families with homes, but insufficient heat. A simple idea, with a few calls to friends and hundreds have been able to stay warmer during this bitter cold. Good things come to those who love the Lord and follow His example.

Little Trevor will be in this week for his chemo. Keep him and his family in your prayers as they travel and also that this chemo will continue to show that it is working against his tumors. God is an AWESOME God!

Have a great week!

BELIEVE PRAYER WORKS~

No comments:

Post a Comment