Monday, September 6, 2010

Big Week



The Hero's Program has a new button this year! I LOVE it! I have a supply of them for our team members. If you would like one, send me an email with your address to send it to you. Show your HERO pride!
www.rebelmom528@aol.com


Happy Labor Day! I hope that each of you are enjoying the same type of beautiful weather that we are having here in Memphis. It is absolutely perfect! After all of the extreme heat and lack of rain we have had all summer, this is such a welcome relief! I could just stay outside all day and into the evening. God's nature and beauty at it absolute best!

This week is a big week around the Jude. Join me in prayer for safe travel for all of the families who will be coming in for scans and check ups this week. Also, our little new guy, Preston will be returning on Wednesday to begin his transplant process. I'm excited to see them again. My "quilt lady" friend and her husband have a beautiful hand quilted quilt all ready for him. I picked it up this week, it is so beauitful! Preston loves Thomas the Train and this quilt is all about trucks, trains and planes! I think he will really love it. For anyone new to this blog, I have a precious and dear friend and her husband who hand quilt a quilt for each of the kiddo's that I have the pleasure of "adopting". They have a label they put on each one with the child's name on it and a little message. They are just priceless. Last year, they did one that we placed in the Silent Auction at our Team Dinner the night before the marathon. I can tell you, it was a big hit and we have folks really bidding to get it. Well, for those of you that will be back this year, they are doing another one for us for our Silent Auction!!! Their love for St Jude is amazing, and their dedication to our team and our St Jude kiddo's is awesome. I want to give a thank you and shout out to them. Thank you, we appreciate you so much... Mike and Pru McBride.

Prayers for great reports from scans and test this week, for little Trevor and Jack. They will both be back here tomorrow. Prayers for Preston as he begins transplant.

Prayers for TEAM BELIEVE as each one is preparing to come to Memphis and run/walk to help fight the beast these kiddo's are fighting. Prayers for our team as each one is working to raise funds to help us reach our goal. Again, if you can not be here to be apart of this, please consider making a donation of ANY amount to the team to help us in that way. That is just as important to St Jude as you being able to be here. For anyone new, the cost to operate St Jude Children's Research Hospital for JUST ONE SINGLE DAY is OVER $1.4 MILLION DOLLARS. That is A LOT of money, and it comes from people like YOU. Thank you so much for your consideration to help these doctors, the kiddo's and their families. I am so blessed and thankful for the four healthy children I have, but I do realize this could effect ME just as quickly and easily as it has effected the families of Jack, Preston, Trevor, Alex, Elizabeth, Mary Kate, Reagan, Mallerie... and the many others that you have all come to know and love through this blog. Please help TEAM BELIEVE make our goal a reality so that we can proudly present the funds that we can raise this year to help keep St Jude going.

I will be spending most of the rest of the week at The Jude, so I will keep you posted on everyones test and progress. Please keep them and their families in your constant daily prayers.

GO TEAM BELIEVE!!!

BELIEVE PRAYER WORKS~

No comments:

Post a Comment