Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanks and Giving Time of Year

Everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope.

Romans 15:4


Team Believe Weather Forecast for today:

Cloudy, High of 65 degrees with a Low of 42 degrees

Current 10 day forecast shows Thursday, December 3rd Mostly sunny with a hight of 54 degrees and a low of 32 degrees.

Now anyone who has spent any time at all in Memphis knows this will change many times in the next 10 days... I will try to keep you up to date on the forecast each day to help you know how to pack and what to plan on wearing on race day.

So far so good. All plans are coming together. I am getting really nervous! We have the largest crowd coming to the dinner this year than we have ever had. I am excited but nervous that I will forget something! Thank you for RSVP'ing so I could get an accurate head count. With the crowd we are having this year, that has been very important. I am very thankful for the large turnout! Just a reminder, with Mac Grill cooking for us, they will not have credit card machines at the fellowship all, so we will need to bring cash to cover the cost of your meal. The cost of the meal to Mac Grill is $10.00 per person. That's a great deal on a meal prepared by Macaroni Grill. I do appreciate the manager there doing this for us since they are not in the catering business.

For those following our fundraising efforts... we are over $16,000.00 and still have money out, not yet posted. We are ahead of our overall total for last year! Way to go, thank you to each of you who are working to raise money and to those of you who have made very generous donations! Even $1.00 is considered a generous donation to me!!! Team Believe thanks you and St Jude thanks you even more.

Thanksgiving is just a few days away. I want to take this time to say that I am so very thankful to each of you who support our efforts. I am thankful to those who come here, follow the kids, leave messages on their care pages and pray for them. This is an awesome group. I am so thankful to those of you who come into the "prayer/chat room each day and evening to visit together and pray together. Very strong bonds have been formed, I am very thankful for each one of my friends that I have made here. I am so very thankful to my family. I am thankful for their support and their understanding. I am so blessed with a wonderful husband and four wonderful and amazing sons. I thank them for allowing me the time to spend with other families without having "issues" with me about it. I thank them for joining me in many ways to be of help to the St Jude kiddo's and families. Bottom line, I am thankful for my family!!!

I hope that each of you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving day with your family. But, let us not forget those families who will have breaking hearts this year. Please, be in prayer for them. Lord, we pray that you will wrap each family in pain in your loving embrace and give them the strength and comfort to get through the next few days... one day at a time. In Christ name, Amen.


BELIEVE PRAYER WORKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment