Friday, July 23, 2010

YES - You Are On The Correct Blog Page

I spent all morning getting the Team Page and my Personal Goal Page for the St Jude Marathon set up. So I guess when I came to this page to give an update on Marathon Information, I just got a wild hair and decided that this page needed a new "do" too! I hope it does not throw anyone off.

Well, we are up, running and ready to go raise some money for St Jude!! Team members, we need to get registered!! At the Hero's reception on Tuesday night, we were given lots of information regarding this years Marathon Weekend. It just keeps getting bigger and better every year! One important bit of information we were given, they anticipate the half marathon to be sold out by Labor Day. So if this is what you plan to register for, I would not procrastinate to long. I am really excited about this year. We already have several new first time team members, we welcome them! We even have one who will be doing the full 26 mile marathon! WooHoo!!! We welcome any new members. If you are reading this blog but have not been a member before, YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US! We are a fun, very close group from all across the United States that come to Memphis this one weekend every year to help fight the beast. It is the most rewarding experience I have ever been involved with. I invite any of our members to go to the comment link and leave any messages regarding your experience about coming to Memphis for this event so others can get an idea about how wonderful it is. Also, I want to try something new this year. Beginning in another week or so, I will be posting a date and time for all team members and anyone interested in becoming a part of this to join us in the chat room (scroll to bottom of this blog and you will find the private chat room box) for a Cyber Team Meeting! I think this will be a great tool for communicating with each other on questions, ideas, etc. I will set up an evening and time and post here and on my facebook page so you all can join in the Team Meeting. *Note - you must have free Java download on your computer to log in to the chat room. If you don't have it, it's free, just go to java.com to download it.

Ok... well I now have the team page set up as well as my personal page. I will spend some more time and figure out how to get that link to the team page for this year back up on this blog. In the mean time if you wish to view it, you can get to it through my page mystjudeheroes.org/mardecia


I encourage you to get registered and get your page set up as soon as possible. Our goal for this year is $20,000.00. I have no doubt WE CAN MAKE THAT GOAL! As you know, each year if you raise at least $1,000.00 by a certain date, you received a free ticket to the St Jude/Alsac Pasta Party. Some of our members have accomplished this but not all so, we have had our own dinner so we could all be together. One of the changes for this year is they have set the amount you must raise to get a free ticket to the Pasta Party hosted by St Jude/Alsac to $500.00 raised by November 26, 2010. Team, $500.00 IS NOT THAT MUCH TO RAISE! I want to challenge everyone on our team to raise that $500.00! Set a goal for yourself, keep in mind those kids that depend on these funds, and see what you can do with it!

Our block of rooms are set up and they are ready to begin taking your calls to confirm your room accommodations for the Marathon Weekend. The hotel is the same as last year, Holiday Inn & Suites * 2751 New Brunswick Rd. * Memphis, TN 38133. When you call to confirm your room on your credit card, you must ask to speak with Sybil Sides or Gina Porter. These are the only ladies who can make sure you are getting in the right block of rooms and getting our very special team rate. Tell them you are a member of Team Believe for the St Jude Marathon. Call them diectly at 901-266-1952. I have a limited number of rooms that I can block at this time, so there again, I would not wait on this. When you call in to confirm your room, you will give them your credit card information, but you will not be billed until after your stay the weekend of the marathon. They will be forwarding me a list of the team members who have reserved a room, so I will keep an eye on it and do the best I can to make sure everyone gets a room.

Well, I have posted some pictures of our special HERO that we will be honoring this year. Mister Jordan James. His family is very excited about our team honoring him in this years marathon. I also want us to all remember the other children that we have walked for and the children of families that we have grown to love that will be joining us too, We will be walking in honor and memory of these children to! I have an idea that I am working on to include some of these children to, if I figure it out, I'll share that with you.

I do not want to put you into info overload mode, so I will stop here. Be watching this blog page, I will be posting lots of Marathon info here as I get it. It will be here before we know it. Be creative, see what you can come up with for fundraising ideas in your area... share them with the rest of us in our Cyber Team Meeting coming up soon!


Jordan, running down the middle of the marathon route shouting... "I runnin, I runnin...look at me runnin" This was the highlight of my day!


Jordan and Dr. Scott the day of his 2 year post transplant checkup.


Jordan and myself playing around at one of his clinic visits.


OUR HERO - MISTER JORDAN JAMES

That just about wraps it up for today! I hope that each of you has a wonderful weekend and I pray for a safe weekend for you. Keep praying for all of those in need.

BELIEVE PRAYER WORKS~

No comments:

Post a Comment